SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elliebee5

school lunches

elliebee5
16 years ago

I need advice/opinions on what to do. Dh is ordered to pay for all school items, including lunches (we assume). The school has free/reduced lunches for everyone that qualifies (which is pretty much everyone in our community except for the extremely wealthy). My kids get it also. The school really pushes everyone to try to get on this program because of the benefits the school gets for every person that is on it. The problem is that only the person that claims the kids on taxes can apply for the program, and in our case that is bm for the next 2 years. Bm would definitely qualify for the reduced lunch, and most likely the free one. However, she refuses to it. Her claim is that it would be embarrasing for ss7, but the thing is nobody except admin knows who is on the program... certainly the kids don't know. We really think she just doesn't want to do it because dh has to pay and she likes the idea of him paying for stuff when he doesn't have to. All she has to do is fill out a one sheet page and give it to the school... that's it. School lunches really add up, especially since they also offer breakfast, and we just think it's ridiculous to pay the full amount when we could pay less or nothing. What would you do in this situation? Bm called the other day and told dh she has saved up all of the lunch receipts and he needs to pay her. Should we refuse until she gets them reduced? I'm sure if SHE actually had to fork out the money she would do the program. Should we take it to court, and if we did would the judge make her do the program? It just seems like a waste of money.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional