SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wisrose

Newbie with a Big Question

wisrose
15 years ago

Hi All,

Let me first say that I have read many of your posts and seen much of your work. Beautiful, I am in awe. So now a bit of background. I did stain glass hobby many, many years ago...still have all my stuff, grinder, cutter and pounds of glass pieces big and small. I kept all of this stuff thinking that *~someday~* I will get back to it. Well...long story..short, I am now disabled I can't work anymore, I need a hobby. I would love to try mosaic. The problem is my arms and back won't allow me to be bent over cutting all that long.

HERE IS THE QUESTION (finally huh) I was wondering if that "Cutters mate" and "beetle bits" would allow me to do the cutting with relative ease, in other words little pressure involved on my arm and neck. I have spinal stenosis and cannot put pressure on my arm/neck. It is a big investment, and I am trying to do a little project to see if it is something I want to invest in. However, I don't know if Those two devices offer the help that I need. So, Can anyone who uses these things please tell me how easy or difficult it is physically, think as if you had a sprained arm or a injured neck. I appreciate any advice, Thank you ..you all seem so incredibly nice..

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions