SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mv2006

I'm so glad I found this forum...

mv2006
17 years ago

You have no idea! I'm going back to re-read a bunch of posts, but the last few weeks have been torture around my house!

I'm engaged to a man with a 9-year old daughter. Daughter's mom just remarried in July. It seems that everythign that was working out in the early part of the year has been turned on it's ear!

--Fiance and ex-wife are fighting like cats and dogs via phone and email. Up until August or so, things were fine and even pleasant. I like her and can see how annoying he is being and how she is acting towards him is inappropriate, too.

--Daughter is acting like the whole world revolves around her; including asking us to invite less guests (we're only having 45) to the wedding so she doesn't have to stand in front of them. THere has been an increase in disrespect, back talk, pouting, whining and begging..

--I feel like a complete failure as a future step mom. I seem to always be doing something that fiance doesn't like. I try to explain that he needs to adjust his expectations to this single woman who seems to be in a crash course on parenting!!

I just hope that things will settle down and get back to what I knew only a few months ago. Any advice?

Comment (1)