SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midwestmama_gw

Windsor Windows

midwestmama
14 years ago

We went with our builder today to look at windows. His brother is a regional repair guy for Windsor Windows and speaks highly of them (he's not in our region, so he's not cashing in from that) They use Windsor Windows almost exclusively in their builds here. They also tout that they are locally built (we're in Des Moines, Iowa) But then again we have Pella and Jeld Wen nearby so that isn't a huge selling point to me. The major building center that we were at spoke very highly of Windsor also. Sounds great, but as I look on here and online I see many negative comments on them. Have they improved? Are their vinyl better than their wood? (One of the most common issues I see is wood rot, so if we do vinyl this perhaps is a non-issue) It sounds like Marvin is the gold standard in windows, and I would be interested in getting a price on them, but budget is always an issue too. We're looking at approx 30 double hung windows. We're leaning towards vinyl.

There seems to be SO MANY window companies it is driving me crazy trying to figure it all out.

I told the building center and the builer that I would be researching Windsor and get back to them.

Thanks for any input!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012