SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jleves_gw

Los Angeles Window Options/Questions

jleves
9 years ago

I am looking to replace 1 sliding window, 2 casement windows, 1 sliding door and 1 outside door with a window making up most of the door. The windows and slider will be vinyl replacement. For the door I'm leaning toward wood, but vinyl isn't out of the question. Eventually we will end up replacing another another 31 windows in the house - a combination of DH, Sliding and casement. We are in Los Angeles on a hill with no shade and have a huge amount of glass facing the south/west and get bombarded with sun all afternoon.

My primary requirement is efficiency. Second and third would be price and look in no particular order.

It seems we can't get any of the top tier windows like Okna, Softlite or Sunrise.

I've done a bunch of research on this forum but don't see a clear cut leader of the following (in alphabetical order - don't want to judge yet): Alside, Amerimax, Anlin, California Deluxe, Milgard, Plygem and Simonton.

Assuming the top line for the above, which is the best in terms of efficiency, quality, durability?

Also, if anyone can recommend a great socal installer, I would appreciate it as from what I've read, it's at least as important as the window.

Finally, I realize that California Deluxe may be a lot more expensive but are they worth the difference?

Comments (9)