SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
obese

Comfortline Fiberglass Window Experience

obese
16 years ago

A friend of mine recently had new construction windows installed for her custom home. The area suffered a rain storm and many of the windows leaked water into the house causing damage to newly installed insulation and creating mold. She contacted Comfort Line but no one addressed her concerns, despite repeated requests for help. Mind you, this is in the middle of a custom home build, so time is money. She finally had to hire someone to look at the windows and help find a solution. She hired TLSLabs to conduct an independent review to evaluate the windows. It was shown that the windows were constructed quite poorly and that when the windows were assessed, all of those that were tested failed a 30 minute water test. TLS Labs recommended that she replace all her new windows with another set of windows from another manufacturer. She has explicitly asked for a refund from Comfort Line, but they ignored that request and all they offered to do is waste more of her time and money by having one of their installers come to the house and try to re-install them once again and have them re-tested. These windows have already been installed and reinstalled, trying to get them not to leak. Even the TLS expert installed a new Comfort Line window with a newly designed integral nail fin. That window failed as well - leaking on the inside of the window sill. Even though these windows are fiberglass and are supposed to be of better quality than some other materials, I do recommend to others to please check things out thoroughly before deciding to purchase from Comfort Line. It is painfully obvious that she has received and continues to receive inappropriate customer service. Based on her experiences thus far, I would not recommend Comfort Line new construction fiberglass windows.

On a better note, she did purchase Milgard windows to replace the new leaky Comfort Line windows and has experienced nothing but phenomenal service. Even the VP of Milgard made sure that she was taken care of in light of her bad experience with Comfort Line. Milgard was very concerned for her and they have really stepped up to the plate, doing all they can to help her move her build forward. The TLS report is available for anyone who would like to see it. It is an eye-opener. If you are having problems with windows and need an independent expert to give you the truth and the facts, I highly recommend TLS labs. They were out on the job site within days of the first contact.

Comments (3)