SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luv4pets

Adult sons creating friction!

luv4pets
20 years ago

I am the mother of two sons ages 17 and 18 who are still living at home. Both are doing very poorly in high school and I have been on their case to either shape up or go out and work until they feel they have the incentive to finish school. Is this wrong? I have done everything to encourage them in the past but with no success. They do not seem

seem to have the initiative. I have told them if they can't manage to finish regular high school by the age of eighteen then they have to work and pay board while going to night school, basically doing it the hard way.

One day they are going back to school and the next they want to work. Wasting time and really not accomplishing anything.

The catch is , My DH who is their SD is not tolerating their lazing around and it creates so much friction in the house mainly between us.

I am trying to be patient with them and using the ( they haven't grown up, reasons for their actions) while he says they should be acting like men by now.

He has threatened to kick them out if they do not take action very soon and this is killing me, after all they are still my children. Is he being reasonable or am I being too soft?

Angel

Comments (9)