SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Question about shoes

mom2emall
15 years ago

So this is my dilemma..

My ex's family had a get together last weekend and my ex's sister asked me if she could take my son for the weekend to spend time with the relatives (I guess my ex was going to meet them up there for only one day and she wanted my son to be there the whole weekend). I said yes and the sister came and picked up my son on Friday. On the way out the door he put on his gym shoes that I have designated as play shoes because they are not in the best shape. He has a good pair of gym shoes for school and going out. Anyways I did not notice that he put on the play shoes until I was cleaning the next day. If I would have noticed at the time I would have had him wear the nice ones.

Well today the sister brought my son back and he was wearing new gym shoes. She told me that her mom went out and bought my son new gym shoes (probably because his play ones were so awful!). I told her to tell her mom thanks and explained how he had a better pair of shoes. (I did not want her to think I don't buy him shoes when he needs them!)

The problem with his new shoes are that they are a size or so too big! His toes are nowhere near the end of the shoe. He has big feet anyways for his age and these new shoes make his feet look like clown feet! My ex's sister even mentioned that she thought the shoes looked a little big on him.

So now I would really love my son to put the shoes in his closet until he grows into them, but he loves his new shoes and was already talking about wearing them to school tomorrow. I tried telling him that since they are so nice and clean that he should save them for special occassions (I really just don't want him going to school looking like we don't know how to buy shoes that fit him!). He of course did not like that idea.

I thought about misplacing the shoes somewhere in the house so he has no choice but to wear his other shoes and then letting these ones reappear when they would fit him.

What would you do? Besides the fact that he looks silly with shoes that are too big isn't it bad for him to wear shoes that are too big?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio