SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
witch2one

New here, hope you can give me advice

witch2one
15 years ago

Hello all,

I am new here. I am a SM to one SD15. Her father and I have been married since she was eight, and our relationship has deteriorated steadily. Now we are at the point where SD went to live with BM (we had primary custody for the past four years) in May. SD now no longer wants to come to our house for visitation.

She uses every excuse she can find, but the one that hurts the most is that she blames me. They've even put in the court documents that SD doesn't want to visit her father because she can't get along with her stepmother (only not worded as nicely as that). Anyway, we got no CS from BM (they divorced when SD was 2). As soon as we even floated the idea of SD living with BM, she filed for CS.

Now husband has only seen SD three times since May. He's of course very upset about the whole situation. We're about to file a motion for visitation in court, as BM has tried every trick in the book to avoid visitation. And SD is right there along with her. For example, two weekends ago husband drove to the exchange location (BM lives an hour away) and nobody showed up.

Has anybody else gone through this? I'm torn because I don't think enforced visitation is going to help the situation. But I understand my husband wants to see his daughter. I also don't relish the idea of paying CS after four years of not only getting nothing but shouldering the burden of ALL of SD's expense (BM wouldn't even pay for school lunches).

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!