SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemarythyme_gw

correction - holiday exchange anyone?

16 years ago

A few messages back on the thread "Christmas Exchange Anyone?" I made a correction to the name of the Exchange so that EVERYONE could participate without feeling awkward. The deadline has changed to Dec 31. Here is the list so far. Please add your name to this thread instead of the Christmas thread.

Bamasusanna

Beckyia

Calamity

Chickeemama

Crackedincolorado

Crackpotannie

Craftlady

Curbdriver

Fiddlekate

Gibsona

Haziemoon

Kelly6780

Ladyronnie

Lilpeaches

Linlee

Lisa4

Lovemymiata

Meadel

MMCQHDYGG

Momof3abk

Mylalaland

Nicethyme

Rosemarythyme

Silvamae

Slowmedown

Sunshinefunshine

Tamar422

Comments (122)

• 16 years ago

A little patience plz.....I'll publish one last list in a couple weeks to ensure everyone is still onboard. Then I'll ask everyone to e-mail me (mccumberpe@cableone.net)their names & addresses (+ screen name), then I'll have DH draw and y'all will be advised by e-mail whose name you drew. Gee, CALAM it would be nice if everyone waited til the 1st so the surprises could be opened on the same day, but I don't see that happening. It would be the koolest thing though. I know some of you "personalize" your gifts and don't want to package them yet, but you can take this time to gather packing materials so they're ready to go. My project isn't finished and I don't think SLOW's is either. You're making me feel GUILTY!

• 16 years ago

Wahoo! I finally get to start my ******...oops, almost typed it in there. Really thought I may not have the time
    but my 16yr old DD asked last week if she could make
    the Turkey Day dinner...how awesome it THAT! So
    off to Delphi tomorrow for stuff, and to pick up my DS from school I guess while I'm there. Looking forward to this. By the way, the DD thinks we're all nuts.

• Related Discussions

Ho! Ho! Ho! Anyone up to our annual card exchange?

Q

Comments (38)
    Hi Keesha, yes I have your addy, but I'm glad you sent the email since that is how I'm sending the list and I didn't have yours. I sent you an email anyway confirming it. You're on the list! : ) Got yours, too, Annette! Here are the names so far: Keesha Edna Steven Vikki Marilyn Kent PattiOH Georgeanne Marilyn Leasa Annette Tracy Mr. Morton cziga Me : ) Steven, is your email the same? cziga, send me an email since I don't have that addy and I need it to send the list to you. I do still have your home address. If I missed anyone or anyone else wants to join in the fun, send me an email by 9 p.m. Pac. time. Thanks! Diana
    ...See More

Christmas-holiday card exchange anyone???

Q

Comments (2)
    Lisa it looks like we don't have anyone interested in this eccept me & you :-( I guess it is better than a bunch of people saying yes & then not actually following threw. Terri
    ...See More

Holiday Exchange - Questions

Q

Comments (14)
    Mine is definatly not holiday themed... I have started on it. We are slow at work so they are all used to me dragging in stuff to work on, even the owner will come by to look. They loved the exchanges we did so far cause I would be so exited and show them everyting on the web as it would come in.
    ...See More

Christmas/ Holiday Card Exchange Sign up Here

Q

Comments (50)
    Wanda, just added you. Don't worry. You aren't late! And I enjoy doing this. I have 14 of us signed up, including me. As that is all we have, unless all of you want me to split the list into 2 groups, I will just leave it as one group, and we send to everyone. Let me know if you want it split, please!
    ...See More
  • 16 years ago

You wanna talk about "nuts"? What 16 yr old in their right mind would volunteer to make Thanksgiving dinner???LOL

• 16 years ago

Ever read Tom Sawyer?
    I use the whitewashing the fence technique ;o)

• 16 years ago

Wax on...wax off... grout on...grout off...

bwahahah!!! I kill myself.

• 16 years ago

LOL MM!

• 16 years ago

Look at all of you go!!!! Nice..I suck huh!!! ROFLMAO!!! I loved it!! But it got you going though didnt it!!!
    It will be so fun to get to see our gifts...from everyone wheter its your 1st mosaic or your 1000th I will LOVE it!!! I have not been disappointed yet!

• 16 years ago

Okay I think I am going to complete my gifts on time, so please add my name to the list. Can't wait to see all the pictures!

• 16 years ago

Alright Sirius joins the fray!
    Yes Chickee, I felt the pressure to get it in gear! LOL

You guys, now that "our" posts are dropping away, I 've started browsing pages in the 60s and I reread all the pan arrivals tonight... and GAWD! I was excited all over again.

we should try to do the same thing with one thread going for the pics and comments so nobody's gift post gets missed?

• 16 years ago

Ya think we can contain it to 150 posts????

• 16 years ago

hell no

• 16 years ago

LOLOLOLOL...............

hey, nicethyme..do I get a 'preview'?

(hope you don't say hell no, again)..lol

• 16 years ago

hel...

check your email! LOL

• 16 years ago

37 days and counting!

• 16 years ago

that's 37 days till receipt right? when is it reccomended by the PO that we mail to get it delivered in time? (considering the overload during holiday shipping) oooooh MARIA!!!! lol

• 16 years ago

DON'T ship until AFTER christmas!! Everything will be emptied out by then and our packages should have smooth sailing.

If you get someone on your side of the country allow 3-4 days. If you get someone across country 4-5.

There WILL be mail delivery New Years EVE (Monday).

To Canada, sorry, I'm not sure about that. Most times I've sent things have been about a week.

These are times for priority mail add 2 days at least for parcel post.

If you mail before Chrismas, it probably will get there at the same time anyway and there is more chance of damage and loss.

Maria

• 16 years ago

Excellent advice! thanks Maria

• 16 years ago

Wahooooo!...after a marathon gluing session
    I'm ready to grout :o) really thought I'd
    have to back out. Now if I can only
    get my fingers unstuck from each other...

• 16 years ago

I'll take that chance, and I'd like to check this off my list. I'm ready to mail now. Can we have our names yet? PLEEEAASSSEEE???!!!

• 16 years ago

what a bunch a children we are! LOL we're gonna make Rosemary regret taking this on. shhhhhhhhhhh be patient and I'll serve twinkies and milk while we wait! LOL

• 16 years ago

I have an announcement! I'M FINISHED!!!
    Whoopieeeeeeeeee. :)

• 16 years ago

Okay..how do I handle this situation..I am going to go see my son....either couple days before Christmas or day after.............???????? How do I make sure my gift gets gone in time? Oh Rosie...help!!!

• 16 years ago

I'm going to be in Al for Christmas, then we are spending New Years with friends in SC. I'm just gonna tote the thing with me and put it in the mail somewhere along the way!

• 16 years ago

Ok, on Dec 17 I'll publish the FINAL list of participants, ask everyone to e-mail me w/web name, real name & address. Then within a few days everyone will receive a name. How's that sound? It will be up to y'all whether you want to ship before or after Christmas but I'm not opening mine til NEW YEAR's!

• 16 years ago

Sounds good.

• 16 years ago

Thanks, Rosemary... sounds like a good plan.
    I'm excited about it! Expect to finish mine this weekend... maybe. :)
    Katie

• 16 years ago

good plan Rose. This way anyone who realizes they won't get something done can drop out at the last minute. no harm no foul right!

• 16 years ago

That will work! thanx

• 16 years ago

I am jazzed...cant wait to see what i get. This is even gonna out do my Christmas for excitment!!!! I will try to wait until New Years eve to open it but I have to tell ya, Im just like a little kid when it comes to this stuff...I may just poke a hole in the package to peek...nah who am I kidding. I'll just give it to my hubby and tell him Im not allowed to open it until then and he will hide it and not give it back till then!!!!!! Oh the wait is gonna KILL me!!!!!!!!!!

• 16 years ago

W/be in Dallas for New Year's, celebrating Christmas cuz the GrandD is spending Christmas w/her dad in DC, so we'll wait 'till she gets back to open gifts. DD, her fiance and I w/celebrate Jesus's birth here on Christmas and eat out. I'm not waggin' my gift to Dallas to open, y'all, so THERE!

• 16 years ago

10 to 1 you'll wag... yep... you'll wag! lol

• 16 years ago

I

have

begun!

• 16 years ago

Maria......Will the post offices be open the day after Christmas? I think that would be the best ship date for me.
    I have family coming in, and I know I'll have to take my girls shopping that day so I'll be in town. That would give it 5 days to get there, and the Christmas rush would be over. I don't want to send it too soon...it's just to tempting for the receiver to open it early!hahaha

Hazie

• 16 years ago

Yes, the day after Christmas is a regular day for us. That's the day I'm planning on shipping, too.

I don't know if I'll be able to wait to open mine!!

Maria

• 16 years ago

OKay, i packed mine today... then I prompty sealed it

so To whom it might concern, I didn't write a note... but i included some goodies! LOL

is it the 17th yet????

• 16 years ago

Mine is done! It turned out so nice I might make one sort of like it for myself. This was such a fun thing to do.

• 16 years ago

My project is FINISHED. How's everyone else coming along? For those who are finished, you COULD e-mail me your name & address early if you wanted.

mccumberpe@cableone.net

Remember to include your gardenweb name also.

• 16 years ago

I am finished! My info is on the way.

• 16 years ago

Sent my info!!

Maria

• 16 years ago

I have to bow out of this. Found out about a month ago that we're expecting a baby. I'm so nuasiated all the time, I haven't been able to even think about any projects. I've had one in the works for a long time now that I'm trying to plod my way through to finish. Ugh! Sorry to drop out. I was looking forward to participating, now I'm just trying to take on only what's necessary. BTW, this is #6 for us and we're all pretty excited (the kids especially are).

• 16 years ago

Wow Lisa! congrats - that's better than a mosaic any day! LOL

• 16 years ago

Thanks nicethyme, I have to agree! lol

• 16 years ago

Good for you, Lisa! You'll have to change your moniker to lisa_6 won't you, to catch up?? :)

I had six siblings, have three boys myself. Sometimes wish I'd had more...but only sometimes! :)

• 16 years ago

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I finished - sealer drying now and hope to pack it tomorrow. Lordy, this one gave me trouble, and I'm soooooooo happy to get-er-done. Wish I had the nerve to bow out and keep it, cuz I'll probably NEVER repeat it for myself. Congrats, LISA - what a joyous occasion to celebrate. Hope you feel better soon.

• 16 years ago

Congrats! Lisa!

Maria

• 16 years ago

~bump~
    Just grouted mine and I'm chanting.. please don't break..please don't break. ( I broke the first one)
    I'm more psyched for this than Christmas!

• 16 years ago

I finally have all of mine cut and tumbled and about half of it glued. Hope to finish gluing tonight and grout this weekend!
    Ann

• 16 years ago

I even have the box for mine now!! That was what held me back last time. Who would think you'd have such trouble finding a box to hold an object..jeesh!!! We get our names soon!!!!

I emailed my name and address awhile ago hope you got it!!

Congrats Lisa!!!

• 16 years ago

CHICKEE: No e-mail yet. Are you sure you used .net instead of .com?

Here it is again: mccumberpe@cableone.net

• 16 years ago

Hey RMT, would you please start a new thread if you post something that everyone in the swap needs to be sure to see? I haven't followed this thread very closely and wouldn't want to miss anything! Thanks!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz