SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I Think I've Contracted Yellow (Decorating) Fever!!! (pics)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I'm still not sure if this is a totally positive thing, although I'm thinking it is. I've gotten this huge bug lately to brighten up everything with yellow and now it's spreading from my dining room into my kitchen and family room (and even my clothes)!

It all started with my daughter making me this pitcher in art class for me to store my cooking utensils in. I love sunflowers and loved the bright pop of yellow with all my new dark cherry cabs.

{{!gwi}}

And then we replaced our whitewashed dining room set with mahogany pieces. Suddenly it was getting a bit too dark in this place!

First I found this 2 foot long Talavera pot to brighten up my new dining room furniture. This was a good move.

And then it spread to my new dishes, which I did need desperately, as we were down to 5 (dull, boring) plates and the pattern was out of production:

That started me thinking that the family room, which opens into the kitchen and has a brown leather sofa, needed some brighter throw pillows. This is the sofa, although I've since moved it around in the room.

So, I found this gorgeous fabric online and ordered enough to make 2 slipcovers for the muted print pillows to use for Spring, Summer and (maybe) Fall and then and take them off for Winter. The fabric should be arriving very soon.

This morning I got to looking at the kitchen and thought it needed a bit more yellow, too (insert very embarrassed face here). I'd seen some gorgeous Talavera pottery when I bought my pot for the dining room, but it's so darn pricey . . . and then (sigh!), I found this gorgeous platter on Ebay. It's 15" tall and was very reasonably priced.

{{!gwi}}

I've photoshopped it onto the mantel of my kitchen hood, where I want to prop it.

{{!gwi}}

I don't have any other yellow in my kitchen now except for these pieces over the fridge/double oven cabs.

{{!gwi}}

And these by my sink:

{{!gwi}}

So, what do you think? Is this "Yellow Fever" a good thing for my house, do I need more or is it time to STOP? ;^P

Lynn

Comments (29)