SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley1979_gw

Unconditional Love

ashley1979
15 years ago

This was posted on another thread:

"This child may be a handful, but it doesnt seem to me like unconditional love."

Webster's New Millennium Dictionary of English

Unconditional Love - N

Definition: affection with no limits or conditions; complete love

What is your definition of "unconditional love"? I believe in the above definition. It didn't say "putting up with someone else's constant abuse until you snap". No, it says that the LOVE has no limits.

Sometimes love is doing what is best for the other person and not what's best for yourself. I believe that most of us would agree that a woman giving up her baby for adoption so it has a better life than she can provide would be considered unconditional love. So why would a person, who is constantly barragged by the abuse shelled out by a child and egged on by their other parent, be considered to not unconditionally love that child just because he/she feels it's best to send the child back to the other parent to avoid further abuse? IMO, this is ULTIMATE unconditional love. It is actually letting go of selfish reasons and thinking about what is best for the child. No one is happy with the constant arguing and fighting and unrest. Especially the child who is put in the middle and just doing what they are told by the adults around them.

Sometimes, when all is done that can be done and there is still discontent, there's nothing left but the unconditional love that allows you to let go.

Comments (3)