SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Anyone recently do Andersen 200 series double hungs? Review?

njbuilding143
9 years ago

So we are building a new home and we are looking at the Andersen windows.. Talking with the builder he suggested the Andersen 200 series window with low e.. I asked what the price difference would be if we went to Andersen 400 series and he said it would be a $4200 jump.. Nothing that will "break the bank" but we were towards the top end of the budget already.. The builder's opinion is that the 400 series is more of an option opener.. He says you have more color and option choices with the 400 series and that is really the only difference.. He mentioned there was some design differences with the sill but said that we would never notice it and with proper install the 200 series will perform equally to the 400 series.. We plan to be in the house for a long time so I am inclined to just upgrade to the 400 series for the 4200 just for piece of mind, however I wanted to see if anyone on here has recently done the 200 series and can provide some first hand input.. I went to the local home depot and looked at a 200 series window and found it to be very nice.. But again I would love to hear from people who have had them in the house for a while.. We would love to use the 4200 in other areas, but if its truly worth the upgrade then we figure do it now while the cost is minimal..

By the way.. The 4200 would be the upgrade cost for approximately 29 windows.. Roughly 24 double hungs, 2 picture windows, 2 arch windows, 1 casement window..

Comments (5)