SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annebel_gw

success with mediation?

annebel
16 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm writing in hopes of getting some good advice regarding mediation. BF and his ex-wife have their first mediation on friday. Right now BF is in the process of trying to re-open his divorce (for a number of reasons) and get a child support reduction and a permanant visitation schedule.

In regards to mediation for visitation and child support, what can BF expect to happen? Does anyone have any words of advice? Does anyone have any success stories?

Also, should he take his preferred visitation schedule and parenting plan?

And random question-in joint custody situations, my understanding is that all educational decisions must be made with both parents, so if BF's ex-wife went and signed up their almost 5 year-old for kindergarten at a charter school without BF's consent, is that contempt of court or a violation of something? She'll be the youngest in her class and in my opinion needs another year of pre-school before kindergarten. I've spoken with several teachers and all of them agree that 9 out of 10 kids with late summer birthdays would've done better if they had been the oldest in their class and not the youngest. Any opinions?

Thanks!!

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer