SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom9998

Step Daughter Troubles!

Mom9998
9 years ago

Hi

I have a 12 year old SD that has been living with my husband and I for 2.5 years. We have been married for 3 years and we have a 1 year old daughter together! My SD moved in with us because her mom didn't want the responsibility of raising her anymore and said it was our turn to deal with her! Her mom treated her horribly by ignoring her, not feeding her properly, and being miserable all the time! She also gave ridiculous punishments that did not fit the crime at all (one time she took away everything for 3 weeks all she could do was sit and look outside!)For the first 2 years my SD saw her mom every other weekend but in the last 8 months she decided that she only wanted to go once a month because her mom still treated her badly and didn't make my SD a priority or act like she loved her at all! So my SD wrote her mom a letter saying that that is how she wanted it and why and her mom said fine then we wont see you at all! So my SD has not seen her mom in 8 months and things that were bad before are terrible now! I don't feel like I can handle her anymore! She treats me like garbage, she is a totally different person when her dad or when anyone else is around! Then she is nice and helpful and a perfect kid! But with me at home it terrible and then no one believes me because she can totally change in the matter of seconds if someone else is there! So she is going to be 13 soon I have to get at her for everything because otherwise my husband wont and she would be the grossest most disgusting kid you ever saw! I have to make sure she changes her underwear or she will wear for a whole week or longer. I have to make sure she brushes her hair which has been cut because she wont brush it! She will pee all over the toilet seat!! She killed a bunch of our chickens because it is her job to feed them and she would pretend to so we thought she was but she wasn't giving them no food or water! She is totally manipulative, if she sees that someone pity's her she uses it as far as she can, she lies like crazy. She totally ignores her little sister who she tells everyone she loves so much and does stuff with all the time! For her to do anything I have to be mad even to get her to come out of her room for supper I have to sound mad and call her about 4 times! My husband only has to call once! I am so tired of being mad its affecting my whole life and I am feeling like I am going to lose it! I love this girl but its getting really hard to and I am starting to have a lot of anger because of the situations she puts me in and the stress it is causing on my marriage! Any advice would be very appreciated!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz