SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sberg_2007

Fiberglass Windows Wanted

sberg_2007
16 years ago

After much consideration I have decided to purchase fiberglass windows and doorwalls. I would like to maintain the narrow frames which my old aluminums offer, and at the same time keep with the dark brown exterior color. Additionally I desire a white interior color.

My dilema is that I believe Milgard offers a reasonably priced fiberglass window which meets these requirements, but I am not sure about the glass in their product. Many of the other windows which I considered offer the Low E and Argon gas. The company quoting these said that the windows only come with the Low E/SunCoat. This does concern me since the Milgard website and brochure states that Argon is optional, however I might ask if the optional Argon is necessary? I live in Michigan, have cathedral ceilings, the quality of the house is not the best (built in 1984, T111 for starts), and the front of our house faces SW (long hot afternoons in the summer).

Additionally, how important is it to have the window corners welded/fused? The Ultra do not appear to have that feature. Please don't hesitate to suggest a better manufacturer if the cost is still reasonable.

Thank you for any information you can offer me.

Comments (9)