SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweeby

Validation from Adult Stepson -

sweeby
16 years ago

A really nice thing happened this morning --

Last night, DH and his adult son went out for dinner and drinks to celebrate DH's birthday, which is today. Well, it turned into a long, late night with lots of sharing of stories and feelings, and more than a few drinks consumed. Since it was late and they had been drinking, DH decided to spend the night at SS's apartment which is within walking distance of the restaurant, and called me to let me know. I told him I thought it was a great idea for him to spend the night there under the circumstances, and that I'd see him in the morning.

When he came in this morning, the first words out of DH's mouth were that his son had asked him to tell me how much he appreciated me and all that I had done for him and for DH. That he knew I had played a major role in bringing DH back together with his kids, and that they were all better off because his dad had married me. He said he also admired the way we always worked together as a team, and that someday, he hoped to have a marriage like ours. Wasn't that sweet? It sure made my day anyway --

P.S. - This was the same adult stepson who refused to meet me before the wedding.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012