SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwerner_gw

Online sources for window prices?

lwerner
11 years ago

Can anyone recommend a source for getting approximate window prices online? I have completed house plans from my architect, and I'm now trying to get rough materials cost estimates various pieces of the project (windows, flooring, appliances, cabinets, ...). I don't need detailed numbers at the moment (that's the contractor's job). I'm just trying to do my homework and figure out the rough allocation of money across different parts of the house, so I can get an idea of where I can insist on top quality and where I'll need to compromise.

For windows, I'm leaning toward the high end. Of the ones I've seen so far, the Marvin Ultimate line appeals to the most. That's mostly because I'm going to have a lot of natural wood on the inside of the house -- cabinets, flooring, shelving units -- and want to have the interior window trim match as closely as possible. But I know that line is near the high end in terms of price too, so I want to get an idea of how the prices for different brands compare. Others I've looked at are the Andersen Woodmark and Milgard WoodClad. The Andersens seem pretty nice (though not a very wide range of woods), while the Milgards seem to have a very thin wood veneer.

Anyway, any suggestions for online pricing information? I have the detailed window schedule from my architect, so ideally I'd love to find a web page where I can enter window sizes and get approximate prices.

Thanks!

Laura

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz