SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiorower

Can anyone comment on the durability of Fibrex material itself?

Ohiorower
12 years ago

I am looking at installing Andersen 400 series windows in a new home we're building soon. Andersen offers a new exterior window trim system made of Fiberex with a factory applied finish. These trims come ready-made to install on Andersen's standard sized windows and come in various colors. They represent a big savings on labor to build on-site custom exterior trims as they require no measuring, cutting, fitting, caulking or painting. The trims are applied in such a way that they are not part of the flashing/waterproofing of the house, and so are just cosmetic. They look really nice too, offering a variety of widths and profiles.

My question is, how durable and weather resistant is the Fibrex material itself. I have read many rants about Renewal windows, but nobody seemed to address the long term survival of Fibrex and/or its factory applied paint. Does anyone have any info that would give me an idea how this material will hold up? Our house is to be in a wooded setting in southern Ohio, warm humid summers and fairly cold winters. Sunlight exposure will be moderate, especially when compared to mountain or seaside environments.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comments (6)