SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellagrace_gw

need some help with a bird bath

ellagrace
15 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, and after browsing the web for about 6 hours, I thought your site had some of the best information i found on the web.

I own a pottery studio and am just getting into mosaics, and have done indoor mosaics with out a problem. BUT I have a school that wants me to mosaic a bird bath with the kids.

I bought a great basin and stand from lowes for a great price! My question is what do I seal the concrete with before I mosaic on it? some sites I've seen mixtures of wellbond but I'm not comfortable with that. If you can give me a specific brand of concrete sealant that would be great.

Also we are in freezing climates, so we were going to use vitrious glass tile and pool grade porcelian tile so it would hold up during the winter months. So what kind of glue should i use, thin set? What brand is best?

Lastly....this thing should be sealed after grouting what kind of sealant do you recommend?

I so appreciate any advice you can give me! This is going to be quite an undertaking. We are also doing a mosaic poker table....that's going to be really interesting! Talk about time consuming stuff!

Thanks again!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022