SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Wonder Horse... getting started!

solstice98
14 years ago

A couple weeks ago I introduced myself to you all and asked a few newbie questions. Your advice really helped me get started with the plans for my first 3D mosaic project. I've done one wall but nothing else, so this is a big step. Well I'm finally ready to get started on the rocking horse!

He's been cleaned up, revealing that he is a Wonder Horse. (Of course he is!)

Then DH Jim figured out how to get him attached to a pole, to help in his evolution from rocking horse to carousel horse.

You can't see the way it's secured on the inside but this thing should be able to survive the next Florida hurricane! Mounting it directly onto the pole, then using a patio umbrella stand to hold it up, will making it easier to move if we ever have to do that.

And then today I used a primer on him that bonds to plastic.

I'm all set with adhesive and ready to start applying tiles tomorrow! I'm so excited! I followed your advice and scrounged tiles all over town, from Craigslist to yard sales. I visited Maryland mosaics on line and found some great tiles on sale there, too. I have some ideas sketched out but I think Wonder Horse will continue to evolve as I go. Of course I'll post more pictures as it happens.

Wish me luck!!!

Kate

Comments (30)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES