SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
provenance_gw

HELP! Shades for kitchen casement window + other windows

provenance
14 years ago

We are looking for window treatments, and have a really mixed set of windows in our kitchen. We want all the treatments to sort of go together. I have been following another thread on French doors, and this really got me to thinking about what to do with our situation.

Our kitchen has a large casement window over the sink area. The middle portion is fixed, and the two sides crank out. I know this is awkward for shades, etc. because of the handles.

Right next to the casement window is a set of French doors. Both the French doors and the casement window look out into our small sunroom.

The kitchen has one smaller window (sized from our original house, before the remodel). This one has mullions and looks out into our driveway.

The kitchen is also open into the dining area, and there is a large double window there (with mullions) which overlooks the patio.

There is lots of light in the house now EXCEPT in the kitchen because of the smaller window and the ones which go into the sunroom. We have darker Shaker cabinets and floors too. So we want to maximize light. Our style is mission/contemporary, with a lot of natural wood/stone.

Our house was originally a ranch, and we are just completing a major remodel/addition. Some of the mix of windows was due to our working within most of the original house's footprint. We also kept the sunroom from the original house, so had to work the kitchen around this. All of this = headache with window treatments!

I'll post a link to our pictures. Any help would be SO MUCH appreciated.

Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to kitchen/dining area photos (several in album)

Comment (1)