SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sminnc

Hiring a babysitter???

sminnc
16 years ago

So this is what happened.......My soon to be DH and I had marriage counseling scheduled tonight from 7p-8p. I had it arranged so that SS's mom would pick him up at 6pm. She called DH about 4 days ago and asked if we could keep him tonight because she had a work function and wouldn't be able to pick him up until after his bedtime. DH (being a man and never remembering what's on the schedule) said sure. So when I found out no big deal.....I asked my best friend of 5 years, who's in my wedding, to come down and watch SS for 1 hour while we'd be out. Normally we use bio mom's parents as a babysitter, however in this situation it would have been very inconvienient. They live 30min. away. We'd have to drive 1 hour round trip to drop him off, then probably not come to pick him up until the morning. (Again out of our way). So I figured no big deal in this circumstance and just let my friend watch him. We were 6 min. away and she had both our cell phones as well as the office phone of the couselor. We've had SS for the past 18 days as DH is home from work. Bio mom has not called once to speak to her son. She called us when we were on our way home from the meeting asking to speak to her son, knowing we were going to be out. When DH told her we were on our way home, she asked where son was and he told her. She started yelling and getting an attitude so loud I could hear everything she was saying. She said she had a big problem with someone else watching her son. (There are plenty of people she herself has left SS with that are not related and she has never asked DH if it's ok with him.)

She went off on her tyrant, hung up on him, then never called back to speak to her son, which was the supposed purpose of calling in the first place. I believe she just assumed her son would be at her parents and when she found out he wasnt she just wanted to call and complain about something. (She never calls to talk to her son and I find this a big coincedence.)

We feel her outburst was uncalled for and could have been addressed without yelling at DH. And why is it she can have other people watch him but we can't?

How should DH handle this situation? He's tired of her playing these games.

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living