SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
critters_mom

WHAT kind of epoxy resin?

critters_mom
14 years ago

I have searched for several days now online trying to find an epoxy resin that does NOT turn yellow in sunlight. I must have missread some posts because I thought for sure some of you were using this for ourdoors. Hubby checked around town yesterday and got the impression there's no such product. Maybe I just saw "UV Resistant" and thought I had seen epoxy that wouldn't turn. ???

I'm making a table to use on the deck... lots of sun. It's a wooden table with a "lip" around the sides about one inch deep. I've used glass pieces and thinset to make a scene of shore and water with three (dried) starfish on the 'beach' area. I plan on covering the whole thing with glass to be sure water doesn't sit on it. I'm figuring the resin won't come up to the top... would be lovely if it did... Hubby really resists using thinset for grout if epoxy won't work. He thinks I'll ruin it (although the dried thinset is just the right color and looks like sand to me, anyway).

So... If no epoxy will NOT turn yellow.... He suggested putting sand where the grout would be. I thought perhaps I could stabelize the sand with a spray adheisive. A glass top would be so heavy I think just laying it on top would do so I could lift if off if I needed to clean the back of the glass.

This is my first mosaic adventure. I have gotten a lot of great info and ideas from this forum and I thank you all. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Comments (6)

Sponsored