SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiveinall_gw

has anyone had Bio's get upset because they do not have a SM??

fiveinall
15 years ago

My 4yr came busting in this morning in tears because SD 10 told her that I am SD's Step Mom, and that she (bio4) does not get to have a Step mom only her. (I am not sure if SD said this to be mean to bio4 or not, I wasn't in the room so i don't know)

She told me that she wants a step mom too, very bad please and that it isn't fair that her big sister gets one and she doesn't. (ok so I kinda wanted to giggle at this point but she was really upset.....)

I explained to her that yes I was her sisters SM, but that I was her (4yr olds) biological mom meaning she came out of my belly and her sister didn't. And things like that really don't make a diff. anyways.

I really wanted to tell her she was very lucky to not have to have a step mom, that it is better to have both your parents right there with you, but didn't because I was worried that it might hurt SD feelings.

I think this is so shocking to bio4yrs because SD's BM has not been involved in SD life in a long time,and SD rarely brings BM up.

So bio4 is still talking about it this evening and Im not sure just what else I should do or say to help bio4 feel better or understand? Has anyone else had this situation?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths