SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_meow

Pella windows for new house

kats_meow
17 years ago

We are in the process of selecting a builder for a new house. Each of the builders we have talked to typically supply no name 2e windows as standard. By no name, they get them various local sources. The builder may have more than one source they used. For example, I know that one of the builders uses Bison and also Eagle.

Anyway, I like the Pella Designer windows (with the blinds in them). I'm trying to get a feel for how much more expensive they will be than what it is standard.

I have a rough idea of how much the windows themselves will cost. What I don't have a feel for is whether the installation cost for the builder will be higher than the installation cost for other windows. And, is this something the builder's regular window sub can do or do the Pella windows require a sub who works specifically with those windows?

Also, should I go to the Pella store and get a quote myself for window cost. I would like to have a feel for the cost of the windows versus the cost of installation. Or is this a waste of time since I won't be buying direct from the store (most likely, anyway, as the builders all indicate they can bid and install whatever I want).

Comments (8)