SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taigen_gw

Large winter project...looking for input

taigen_gw
14 years ago

I posted this over on the garden junk forum and they suggested I post it here as you guys are the experts. Hope you can help out a newbie to the field. Thanks

I haven't been here in a while but I am gearing up with some ideas for the coming winter months.

I am planning on doing a large (6')mosaic mirrored oblique for the garden through the winter months. The frame work has just been built and I will be picking it up this week.

I am looking for any insight into mosaic work you can offer as I have never done mosaic work before but have worked with stained glass over the years.

My hope is to incorporate some stained glass dragonflies, birds, pond related items into the piece with the mirrors. I will probably use the reflective silver tape under the stained glass so it will show nicely. I decided to do smaller broken pieces of mirror because in our climate it really would never last as a single sheet...our winters are incredibly harsh at times.

I plan on using GE silicone II for the "glue" and wondered if this would be best? Also I planned on using a sand base grout, does that sound right?

So that's my plan...any thoughts, hints, tips?

Taigen

Comments (7)

Sponsored