SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonkarol_gw

Anyone heard of Energy King/Energy Maxx windows?

JonKarol
9 years ago

I'm pricing out replacement windows (five double hungs and a picture window) on my 1950 house. There's a local company that sells Energy Maxx windows for $279 installed, which I know sounds low, but the windows themselves seem to be really good. This company is the exclusive installer of Energy Maxx made by Energy King, which they said are custom made in Buffalo with double strength glass, low E, and argon gas. The U Factor is .27 on double pane and .17 on triple pane (which I was looking at for the picture). They also have the Super Spacer and a transferable lifetime warranty. The other nice feature I liked is that the sash sits deeper in the sill when closed to protect against being opened from outside.

Anyone ever heard of these windows and know if they're decent? I've gotten other quotes of $379/window for MI, $500/window for Sunrise Essentials and over $600/window for Simonton 5500 (which is out of my budget for a $130,000 house and aren't as slim-lined as the Energy Maxx). I'd like to get something better than my current ugly, drafty wood windows that have so many layers of chipping paint they have to be forced open, but I don't want to spend double this Energy Maxx quote for something like Sunrise's low end product that to me doesn't look or sound any better and may even be a worse window. Thanks for your help!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths