SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elkski

Solar shielding needed-- I ordered some roller blinds

elkski
15 years ago

With the high cost of energy these days I just had to get some sunscreen rollers with the silver screen material for windows on the East-South/East side of the house. The Silver screen has a solar reflection RS of 70% and allows only 4-6% of the UV in depending on color. It has a 5% openness so it still lets you see the outside forms so your not totally blocked off from the outside. This open weave fabric is not to be used where complete privacy is needed.

We were attracted to JC Penny's 50% off add but that was a joke. At first they make you think you have to buy them just that weekend or the price goes up. But if you really say you have to wait they will tell you the next sale is in a few weeks. What a scam. And the price for a window was like 800$ full price so 50% off was still 400$. We also looked at the little blind stores in the strip centers all over town but they must have a huge markup. I finally found this website and ordered all 14 windows from them. They are in Colorado and ordered them from there. They have a very reasonable price and I spent at least 30 minutes the first time on the phone when I ordered samples of the material. The samples arrived in about 2 days. the samples are really to small like 1"x3" but I don't think a 2'x2' sample would help me decide any better. I ordered over the phone as I just wanted to be sure of the fits.

http://www.shadesshuttersblinds.com

I will let you folks know how they install and look when I get them in a couple weeks.

Comments (5)