SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloemichelle_gw

Husband torn between his daughter and his wife

chloemichelle
17 years ago

My Husband constantly sides with his daughter, my step-daughter. We have been married a little under two years and just as we got married the courts took her away from her horrible mother and gave her to us. Step-daughter is 17 now, sophomore in HS, and has trouble with drugs, lying, and being very disrespectful to me, but she does get very good grades in school.

Husband gives very light dicipline, and very liberal rules. During our last fight she even told me to f**k off and he sat there and did nothing. He does not accept any of my input on her rules and she does not have to follow her rules because punishment is so light it doesn't matter. Her BF is over until all hours of the night. No matter what SD does, husband ALWAYS gives her an excuse, never her fault.

I am at my wits end. My child (10 yr old daughter) has rules, and I make sure she respects her SF. She is a good kid but she has made comments to me about why her SS doesnt' have to follow any rules or have any punishments. I explained that I can't make rules or her punishments for her SS since I am just a SM.

Husband also discusses our fights with SD. So she is fully aware of what we fight about and when. He has even called me a b*t*h to her. (No wonder I get no respect from her).

I am thinking about leaving, but I have a daughter who does love him very much, hell, I love him very much, and we don't fight about anything else but his daughter. Though I can't help but feel he must not love me as much as I love him if my feelings are always second to hers.

Even if she only lives with us 2 more years I am not sure I can not continue to lose respect for him for allowing me to be treated this way. Even if she does go away after two years I feel she will always get her way even in adult hood with him. Her older sister does.

I am very sad.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022