SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
precious_gw

How would you feel?

Precious
21 years ago

My husband and I have been married almost 11 years. I have 2 children from my first marriage and he has one son from his first marriage.

His son lived with him for a couple years then spent the rest of his childhood living with his mother. My children have lived with us mostly. My daughter lived with her father for a few months here and there growing up.

We had problems getting along..those teenage years. Last year she went back to live with her father. During which time she dropped out of high school. Finally I talked her into going back. The regular high school there wouldn't take her back. They put her into alterative school.

She worked hard got the credits she needed and finished school.

She is very smart and we are finally getting along better. She asked to move back home and go to college. She is in another state. So, I agreed to come down for her graduation and bring her back home at the same time.

I've always had a great relationship with my mother& father in law. I thought they were nice and even called them mom & pop.

My husband's son graduated the day before my daughter, he is in the same state. We went down the day before to go to his graduation. My husband's parents had asked when both the kids were graduating. We invited them to both.

It turns out their other son's daughter was graduting the same day as my daughter. My husband asked them not to go to his son's graduation if they couldn't go to my daughter's.

So nobody would get their feelings hurt. My father in law says they are going to his son's graduation, period.

They sent a gift for my daughter, but never even called or explained why they didn't come. They just went to the real GD's graduation.

My daughter and I are upset by this. My husband says we are making to much of it.

I just wanted outside inputs on this.

Thanks

Comments (18)