SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Front Fountain Beginnings

texaswild
14 years ago

This might be difficult to picture at this stage, but I've made a start on a fountain for my swing patio area. For those who can't quite understand this process, I hope this w/be sorta a tutorial. I've cut a half circle about 70" wide, and oh, probably about 34" deep at the outer middle point for the floor of the bowl that w/hold the water. Laid duct tape all around the outer edges, the cut into that edge up to the end of the duct tape (2")Then I turned those cut pieces upward to allow for stitches all around. Then I'm cutting pieces 16" tall to form around that edge to make the sides of the bowl. I'll fold/curve the top of of it outward about three/four inches to make a nice decorative smooth lip. I w/make three layers of this mesh for the bowl to ensure a good solid concrete bowl that w/hold water. This fountain was inspired by one I saw at a home/garden show in the spring, but I'm too stingy to pay $1000 for it, so w/make my own. It won't be as pretty as the inspiration fountain, but it'll please me juuuuuuuust fine.

Fountain WIP

Comments (120)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County