SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
otis_proamateur

On to the outside! Pics and request for help....

otis_proamateur
15 years ago

I know I'm new and I've only posted about a total of six times so I feel really bad for even asking but honestly, I have no vision and zero direction AT ALL. Some of you told me that it is easier to start with my blank slate of builder beige but I ONLY SEE BEIGE. My husband and I want to paint in the next 2 months and do some serious landscaping in the spring.

I want to rip out the few shrubs we have and replace them plus a lot more. I plan to plant at least 2 trees (hopefully one flowering tree or a maple for seasonal color).

As for the house I definately plan to add shutters. I'm stumped on color. Maybe sage or olive with cream trim and black shutters. Maybe a darker beige with white trim and dark brown shutters, light beige with dark brown trim... I really don't know. Everytime I see a house I like and say to my husband "how about those colors?" he claims it wouldn't look good on OUR house. Infernal frusterating man!

So is there anyone (after reading my novel-like post) who still has the energy to photoshop my builder beige, boring house and make it something we can be proud to live in? Thank you so much if there is...

Comments (3)