SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjam08

Coffee table surprise....and an unusual CL transaction

jjam
11 years ago

OK, for those following my coffee table saga. I posted about one saw on CL a couple of days ago. Did some measuring and concluded that it is probably more suited as an end table; too small for my space. So I shrugged it off and searched CL again yesterday and found another; this time for $10!!! I pounced immediately, heard nothing, then decided to give it another try, and offered $50. A few hours later, heard from the seller who said she had so many offers for her table it was overwhelming her inbox. She decided to take me up on the $50 offer, and here it is:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Of course, I still have my other one that is very unique. (I took a little more care with the lighting on the day I took this photo, and I've moved my "granny" chair to DD's bedroom.)

{{!gwi}}

I could use either of them. At the price I paid for the table I got yesterday, I could live with storing it or re-selling it. WDYT?

PS: I know it sounds crazy to pay more than the asking price on CL, but I honestly felt better about doing it especially after I met the couple. I told them I honestly thought the price they were asking was too low and that $50 was fair. They couldn't stop saying thank you; the woman said it was her parent's table so she had no idea about its value. I really felt better about the purchase, even if I decide not to use it!

Comments (20)