SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Finding the right bed skirt, or: How to raise the bed just a bit?

Sueb20
11 years ago

I feel like I'm probably missing something that's obvious... Our queen size bed is suited for a 14" bed skirt. I wanted a new one, so just ordered one on sale from RH but realized after ordering that it's 15" long. I actually have a 15" bed skirt on there now and it annoys me that it's too long. So what did I do -- ordered another one the same length. I started thinking okay, I'll return it when it arrives and will look for a 14" skirt, but so far I'm not finding one I like. (I'm looking for a simple but substantial -- heavy enough so you don't see the legs of the bed, which was an issue with a voile skirt that I had -- in ivory but not too dark -- Country Curtains has an ivory one that looks too beige to me). So then I thought, what if I get risers so the bed itself is a bit taller? But the only risers I'm seeing online are at least 3", which would make the bed too high. Is there some logical solution that I'm missing? I can't hem the bed skirt. I don't sew and the one I ordered has a decorative line of stitching that would interfere with the hemming.

Probably the easiest solution is to find a 14" skirt -- any ideas for where to look? Ivory but not beige, nice looking. It needs to work with my gray RH summer quilt as well as a multicolored floral duvet that we use in winter.

Comments (8)