SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pander_gw

vinyl patio door installation

pander
16 years ago

I recently got new vinyl patio door and its frame and I have problem with it. right after installation, I found out the door hit the jamb everytime I close the door.So I complained and asked do something about it to the installer. But the installer just nailed 5 big screws to the new door jamb and made door jamb wider. Now the door jamb is visibly bent and still does not work very well.the door still hits some of door jamb and door stops by weatherstrip more than door stop.

So I asked the installer to reset patio door using new frame and he said he can not do anything because moving door side wall is not even and flat. I do not understand what he said. How come he could not find that problem before installation? Checking the existing condition and dealing with it is installer's responsibility. That is what I think. If he can not deal with it, Why hire pro spending extra money? Crooked wall is real trouble for patio door installation? As long as I know, even getting the bottom

flat using flywood is installer's job. Then why not plumb side? I need your opinion. thank you.

Comment (1)