SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

What I've been up to....looong...

Calamity_J
15 years ago

Well, as some of you know, I had a flood in my living.dining rm, and the insurance company has sent all these wonderful men to help repair it all!(re:the perfect man) so as the project continues, I now have a floor(in dining/living/hallwy/laundry as they had to match)(pic of the dogs help at leveling the floor)and all new paint(same lovely dijion)in said rms, and now MARTY shows up to discuss the fireplace, that they are all on board with me mosaicing myself, so they are designing it with my vision in mind and for it to have the ability to be removed easy for access to the hose bib in the wall.

Now MARTY and I hit it off like Gordon the perfect man!lol!!! He is so excited by my art, that he has phoned me 2x extra to say he is bringing me some of the special tiles he makes from hydrocement, for me to "do my magic"with!!! He is coming on monday..I can hardly wait, but I am also intimidated as he is such a master!!! "oldcountrytile.ca" He is going to tell me where I can get all the rubber mold and cement stuff myself for future projects!!! I have a pics to follow, and one is the slate I am thinking of using, even tho it is sacrificing some of my entry slate project.

Now I also decided to make a shell lamp like Klingers, (haven't done any crafting for 2 mos) and it is also going in my foyer like Klingers!!! Pics to follow, I used a hair dye bottle and slurpy grout. DH doesn't like it, too busy and not enough light. SO WHAT. It's done and up!

And I also wanted to engross you in the latest update of Calamity Jane's adventure with the front door project...

So the day FINALLY arrives, DH is going to put the window in himself, thus saving $$$. He FINALLY gets to it, so I set up the saw horses, even put up a shade canopy to work under, the door comes off...he measures to cut the size out for the new Jane window...and realizes that the window(half moon) will leave a big gap on either side of the new hole for the window!!! GRRRR!!! I run into the house, tripping over my bottom lip...into the computer room and start searching on the internet for a 2ndh door. I find one for $10!!! Brand new, proffessionally already cut, some guy bought it and never used it. I call him, he has a million people who want it, so if I want it I better come right away! Off I go..with my handy dandy little utility trailer in tow...about 50 min drive outta town, get the door!Yippee!!! Am on my way back...now this trailer is a rickety ol' thing, and each bump seems to have loosened my tie down job...and then it happens...the door flies off the trailer, end over end..behind me..on the hwy..the guy behind me, in a truck, slams on his breaks, jumps out, throws the door in the back of his truck, tells me to meet him at the next turn off (cars piling up behind him) and he puts the door back on my trailer, ties it down like it ain't going NOWHERE, and away I go, get it home with my last girlie neve barely in tow...it's dented it's got seroius road rash, uglier than heck now...maybe warped..DH looks at it...I can tell he'd rather Not put this Thing on his house..And now I'm STILL trying to get it together and on the darn house!!! It's been FOREVER!!! I tell him that I'll do it myself...he seems to take that as a threat and makes me promise to let him do it...okay so it may not be perfect when I do it..or done correctly, but at least it gets done!!!!lol!

My Pics

Free Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County