SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

Surprised again by SD

vistajpdf
16 years ago

I've been out of touch a bit, trying to catch up a little tonight, etc. I had a triple birthday party/end-of-the-year bash for my sons Sunday late afternoon/evening. I had over 70 kids plus parents and foolishly did it all myself - baked ziti for 120, hot dogs for 60, 500 Dino Chicken Nuggets, fruit, salads, munchies, three half sheet cakes of varying flavors topped w/ 'animal' shaped layers, then a long 'snake' cake made from a couple of bundt sheped cakes I baked, cut in half, etc. I dug into my mechanical pastry bag, results started out scary, but ended up good and I somehow pulled it off.

Anyway, just cleaning this house was a huge undertaking in and of itself. Now, of course, I wish I hadn't cleaned after the animals came in, literally, lol. It was a "Wild Animal Party" w/ exotics and it was spectacular! But, I began to run out of steam in a big way on Sat. evening. The party was Sun. and I was beat after the majority of the cooking and baking was done. I got NO sleep over the weekend at all, and Sunday after the party was worse (boys found a baby bird and I was checking on it every hour - hadn't gone to sleep before 1 am after cleaning up after our guests, etc. Hence, the typos in my last post to laurel of 'your' vs. 'you're' which is one of my pet peeves!)

Well, guess who picked up the slack? My dear SD! I couldn't have done it w/o her. She took over the kitchen during the animal show, watched the things in the oven, set up the steam trays, etc. Otherwise, I'd have never been any sort of guest at my own party, which I still wasn't, but it would have been worse. Also, my 3 y.o. is being very clingy and wouldn't have watched the show or participated if I wasn't right there.

Anyway, SD really surprised me. She truly got her hands dirty - cleaned out the cabana bathroom that had junk stored in it from last summer's hurricane scare! So, it was dusty, musty, and surely no fun.

I still have the age old issue of wondering whether or not she's actually moving out this month. Feel too funny about bringing it up after all the help, but did buy her a bunch of bath and body products as a 'thank you' today along w/ a nice note.

My husband and I will see a marriage counselor Friday over lunch. I'll get into it then...wish me luck.

Dana

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES