SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engineerchic_gw

Nightstand suggestions (shapes, styles, materials) for this bed?

EngineerChic
11 years ago

I'm not looking for you guys to search the internet for hours on end & find exactly perfect night stands, but I need guidance. We bought this bed:

King size, 81" wide:

There are nightstands that match, but I don't like them because they are too matchy and fairly wide (almost 2' wide). Also, I think I'd want more storage if something is going to take up a cube of space like this.

This is how the catalog shows them together - I think the horizontal element is emphasized too much. Plus, see the books on the floor? Not a good thing IMHO. It creates hiding spaces for dog fur dust bunnies to live:

So ...

What kind of nightstands SHOULD I be looking for? The rest of the room/furniture has a lot of oak in it (white oak floor, quartersawn white oak antique dresser) and white (white trim, white wardrobe doors). Walls are BM Pale Oak, which is a neutral greige.

Or rather, what kind of nightstand would you put with this kind of bed? I'm going for a collected but up to date look. I like things with a slight industrial edge, but not full-on steampunk. Here's an example of a table I like, but think is just past my comfort zone:

And in complete irony, here's a pic of a table I think I like, but can't find for sale:

Any ideas on what to pair with this bed? The wood is unfinished teak, which I might wax to add some protection & a little depth to it. It's from Crate & Barrel (not super expensive, but will hopefully hold up well). I'm unsure if I should look for something round to balance the squareness of the bed or avoid round/oval because it would be too much contrast.

Last bit of info, the metals in the room are black (door knob, overhead light fixture, etc). TIA if you've gotten this far :)

-EChic

Comments (13)