SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jensnatpat

What would Father's Day be without drama?!?

JensNatPat
12 years ago

DH's custody agreement states "EOW" ending 6pm on Sunday. For summer months and non school nights parties can agree on a later time. They have an email from 2 years ago agreening to 8pm for the non school nights. The 8pm has been a non issue (mostly) for the last 2 years. On non school night it was just assumed that 8pm would be the time.

So today DH gets a text from BM saying DD should be ready for pickup at 6pm. He texted back that no school tomorrow. It's 8pm. Long story short she blew up and said she had the court papers that say 6pm in her hand and she will call the police if we don't comply. Blah blah. We live across the street from our police station and are on a 1st name basis with them since they hold alot of community event days. We asked them and they said they couldn't get involved and she'd have to take him to court.

Surprise, surprise, this is what they told her LAST TIME she called them on us. She didn't get her way and didn't bother to take us to court either.

So.....he basically sent her an email saying it's 8pm and you're picking her up. Take me to court if you'd like but I'll just ask the judge to allow me Sunday overnights as well (which is what Father's automattically get in our county anyway) so we can avoid all this mess in the future.

Comments (13)