SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sserra85

How do you bite the bullet and decide anything?-- Long

sserra85
11 years ago

My apologies since this will be long and I will ramble.

Some of you may know, I am a first time homeowner. So far we have tackled some major jobs.. two bathrooms, all new flooring, and a full kitchen renovation.

It has been 6 months now that we have been living in the house and I cannot decide or pick ANYTHING. We have only a sofa(leather chesterfield) and our bedroom furniture which came from our previous apartment.

I can't decide on chairs because I feel like I'll pick the wrong thing, I can't decide on a rug because I have not picked the chairs, I can't decide on kitchen window treatments because I can't decide on the backsplash (and vice versa). Same goes for the kitchen table/chairs.

I want to start small with pillows or something, but I cannot find anything I like since I have nothing to go off of. I can't even decide on a color scheme.

This is exhausting. I feel like I have no vision and can go in so many different directions. I'm afraid of being too bold, but at the same time I don't want to play it safe.

Of course money is always a factor or I would hire someone. But right now, as newlyweds and first time homeowners we can only do a little bit at a time and hope that it will all come together in the end.

I guess this is more of a rant, but my question is.. when you have a whole house to fill, and a blank slate, how do you make a decision? and where do you start?

Comments (20)