SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mauretania

Patio French Doors Replacement Advice

mauretania
15 years ago

I wasn't sure where to post this as there are no forums dedicated to "doors" and I did find some threads discussing doors on the "windows" forum.

The double doors are used frequently as the exterior entry is the kitchen. They are rusted and rotting as is the surrounding wood frame (at the bottom) and are 13 years old. I live in Houston, TX.

The doors seem to be wood covered in aluminum (painted white inside and out)and I don't know the make but they came with this Village Builder patio home when we bought it new.

I've done searches on the internet but nothing I found addresses the humid south.

It seems a fiberglass door would be the best for our situation/frequent use of the doors. What kind of cost can I expect including installation?

I'm not sure if I should get estimates from replacement "window" companies locally or someone specializing in exterior doors?

I really need help as my husband will just wait until the doors fall off (one of the bottom hinges has completely come away from the wall with the screws sticking out when one opens the door).

Thank you for any advice!

Comments (3)