SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_31523201

Replacing a sliding glass door with French Door - installer advice

User
6 years ago

My parents have a late 60s concrete block home in the Jacksonville FL area. The sliding glass door on the back of the house has gotten much too hard for them to use due to shoulder issues, arthritis, etc. We believe the solution is to replace with a double French door. I have read the caveats here about using a handyman to do this work since they may not do enough of this type of work to do it flawlessly. The door opens to a back patio that is not covered and it takes a beating during storms. So who do we use to do this type of work? I sent out a few emails from websites on what appeared to be highly rated/respectable door companies - and got zero response. I suspect the job may be too small for them (a response would have been nice though). I know companies like Window World are big in our area and may do a job like this - but I also know that WW doesn't get a lot of love on this forum. Is there a company like Windows on Washington in North Florida (I read the glowing review on them all over these forums). Any other suggestions?

Comments (6)