SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pmmucci

Fiberglass window experience, Pella,Comfortline, Milgard

pmmucci
17 years ago

I am currently looking at fiberglass windows to replace 12 double hung in my MD home. Anyone with advice or experience with the Pella Impervia, Comfortline Fiberframe or Milgard Ultra?

I have looked at Pella Impervia through a local Pella distributor, will be looking at Comfortline through another local company, and am trying to get a look at Milgard, not so local.

After looking through the forum postings, I am having my doubts about the Pella products. I wasn't happy with a few of the Impervia features; color options, in between glass grids are not the prettiest I've seen, a very distracting indentation on the top to use as a handle, and the corners didn't appear seemless.

I confess that I'm excessively detail oriented!

I did like the tilt in features, the fact that the corners were reinforced, "warm glass seal" and that the sash meeting rail was interlocked when closed. Also the weather stripping was on the jamb, not the window.

I liked my Pella salesman. Of course, he was agressive, but not too high pressure, yet. Seems to be honest enough and knows his windows. Interestingly, I got a second discount, after hesitating to commit, bringing the price down almost $300 from the list price! End of the month, winter slow time, etc.

I'm especially interested in the Milgard as they seem to have fiberglass options available for the patio door I will eventually be replacing.

Any comments would be appreciated!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio