Garden themes/ readings in actual ceremony

drbeanie2000

One thing my fiancee and I love is gardening, flowers of all kinds, herbs, trees, shrubs, roses, annuals, perennials, etc. I want to get married with flowers in my hair, and flower decorations, but that's not what I'm asking about here.

I wonder if there are readings in poetry or in other non-traditional wedding ceremonies about gardening. Hopefully not "as you hoe and mulch together, and squish leaf rollers...!" but something involving the beauty and continuity of gardens. The process of the tiny, brown seeds to fragrant herbs, beautiful, colored, scented flowers, and delicious fruits always seems like a miracle anyway. We LOVE our gardens and are happy to share the love, giving plants and flowers and fruits and vegetables generously.

Maybe I should make something up out of al of that, but I would still like a few short readings that maybe other wedding party members could do.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mbv353

How about a wreath ceremony - it isn't a reading exactly, but it's a ceremony involving the symbolism of various botanicals. I love it (although I haven't decided as of yet which things to use for the wreath) I'm definitely going to do this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wreath Ceremony

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

The wreath ceremony is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Houzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story
Home Innovations Considering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Since 2013, we’ve helped VA, DC, and MD homeowners remodel their kitchens, baths, and home. Our award-winning... Read More