SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynbornman

Buying a sample gown

lynbornman
20 years ago

I went out gown shopping AGAIN today and I definitely found the one. I love it and its exactly what I've been looking for. It also happens to be very inexpensive. I just need some reassurance from you guys now. The gown is a Demetrios, Illisa and they just discontinued the style. So I would be buying the sample that the store had. I tried it on and it fits well. It will need some alterations but not too much and its the size I would have ordered anyhow. It looks like its in really good condition. I saw no dirt, tears, stretches or anything. The lady at the shop was wonderful and said if I buy this dress from her she will take care of me until my wedding. So they will do all the alterations for around $150 (I'm quite short...so lots of work). They clean, press and store the dress for me until my wedding. The gown was originally $850 and she is selling it to me for $400 (plus alterations). So a sum total of approx $550. I did not picture myself buying a sample dress, but I love it. Have any of you bought sample dresses or considered it? Is there anything I need to be concerned about that I'm just not thinking about.

Thanks for any input.

I'm attaching a link to the dress because I'm dying to show someone and my fiance is out of the question.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demetrios gown

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm