SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzieque_gw

Older Couple, First Marriage

suzieque
9 years ago

I have some friends who will be getting married within the next 6 months. They are both 60-61 and have never been married. Not for any reason other than that they have never found anyone that they thought would positively change the lives that they'd each made for themselves, until now!

This is real love, not "better do it now or never" love.

They are not at all interested in the fanfare of weddings but certainly are interested in celebrating with people they love. There will probably end up being about 50-75 people at the ceremony and follow-up party (they're not calling it a reception). The ceremony will be in a church; the party will be outside (with a tent in case of rain or extreme sun).

The bride-to-be is looking for some ideas that will make this special and indicative of the love that has prompted them to make this big change at this point in their lives. It is truly a celebration of the intensity of their love and coming together. They don't want this to be "sappy" - but are looking for ways to celebrate during the ceremony and at the party in ways that aren't necessarily "first wedding in your 20's" type (NOT at all meaning to diss those). They'd like some lighthearted fun things and also plan to do some sweet things themselves.

I told her that I'd throw the question out on here hoping to gain some unique suggestions. They won't be doing the cake-feeding thing, nor the throwing of the garter or bouquet, and all of that stuff. Thoughts? Suggestions for favors? Things to do during the service or afterward?

THANKS! Suzieque

Comments (12)