SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Please Design Island& Recommend Drawer Size

12 years ago

We met with cabinet maker and went over everything needed and got his bid. I'm not sure of the island layout and drawer sizes. He won't be able to start for three weeks and finished in six. So, he told me if I needed to change or tweak anything, I've got some time.

First picture is of the current layout, we had to change it just a little, if you are interested in knowing why, I will be happy to discuss and negotiate those changes. (I'm still open to suggestions) :)

Second, is the link to the cabinet maker's rough drawing of cabinets. I couldn't figure out how to get it to photobucket.

What I was surprised to hear is the actual drawer width! For a 24" cabinet, the inside is only 20"? Is that normal? And, right now, I have two 24" drawer cabs facing the dishwasher/cleanup sink. I was going to use those for silverware, cups, some everyday plates, but is that adequate space inside? He said I could configure it differently, like 30" and 18". (told him about GW, and I would have to check with you! LOL)

Also, the island sink size. What do you think would be a good size? At first, I was going to go big, but I see so many of you going with a smaller sink. Can you put a big pot in a smaller one, and how about draining water from a large pot?

I have a MILLION more questions, but thought this would be the place to start.

Thank you so much!!

Here's the layout:

Here is the link to cabinet drawing:

https://acrobat.com/#d=0rphjjZLrp3VfUDuoNflqg

Comments (13)