SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san_gw

LOOKING for: food/recipe sites

san
22 years ago

hi! i'm looking for some sites that you folks have found to be helpful to you. due to cholesterol, we need to make additional changes to our diet. i was hoping that cutting back on cheese, using products such as "egg beaters" and buying skim milk would be enough, but it hasn't been. i don't wish to insult or upset anyone but frankly, i am not yet ready to give up meat but we obviously need to cut back on that as well. so we are hoping to find some sites that will give us a decent selection of things that are "filling" but better alternatives that aren't loaded with fat. macaroni and cheese, cauliflower with cheese sauce and fettucini alfredo are all wonderful tasting, but clearly they aren't good for us...we really enjoy most vegetables with few exceptions (such as brussel sprouts, okra and beets) but haven't yet learned how to make them more of a main course dish. we do enjoy both pasta and rice, but again, many of my old recipes call for a fair amount of butter, cheese and/or cream. so, for any of you who used to resemble us, what ideas for recipes or cooking sites would you recommend for us? TIA!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths