old old baskets
21 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
Related Discussions
old easter baskets
Comments (1)Sure, you can use old baskets to start seeds. It's a great idea You might want to line it with something to control water flowing out. Plastic liner would work well, but you would have to be careful of overwatering. If you don't mind a little drainage you can use something more porous like fabric, coffee filters or moss, or nothing even. As for the tea bags (assume they are used), they would do better in a compost heap, worm box, or buried in the flower bed....See MoreCleaning old basket weave tile
Comments (3)I'm going to get a pro service in to clean my floor (doing a 1950's bathroom restore) - have a 50+ year old mosaic floor tile. In the Chicago area, there are quite a few companies that offer the service including franchises (e.g. Sir Grout) and independents. I'm probably going with an independent found via Angie's List. Can't comment yet on results, but videos show impressive results. Do a search on youtube for 'grout cleaning'. Below is an example. I had also asked in my post for comments about experiences with grout cleaning companies and didn't get any responses. Most bathroom projects here are complete replacement. Here is a link that might be useful: Grout Cleaning Video This post was edited by DreamingoftheUP on Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 8:00...See MoreDo you remember the old 'WorkBasket' book?
Comments (9)I subscribed many years ago. I know it's no longer in print. I think Vogue magazine put out a collection book of some of WB old patterns. Saw the book on Amazon but I'm too cheap to pay for it. I have plenty of knitting projects. And I can't crochet. I know I saved my old WBs. Now where did I put them? Maybe I can sell them on Ebay. I once found a Womans day from 1983 in my attic. Obviously some great recipe or craft idea in there!...See MoreIdeas for old Bassinet / Moses Basket
Comments (5)I'm with the others, I'd probably keep the bassinet for sentimental reasons and try to find a use for it - use it to display a collection of something. Would look really cute lined with an old quilt to display old dolls. If your bathroom is large set it in the corner to hold rolled up towels. The moses basket - I used one in my kids room to store their shoes in when they were little. Otherwise they were all over the floor. They're also nice by the back door to throw shoes in. Or line it with a garbage bag and plant it full of flowers. Poke a few holes in the bottom of the bag for drainage. It should last several years if you set it inside the garage or a shed for the winter where it stays dry. Or use this one in the LR or den for toys - teach them young how to pick up and put away. If it's convenient and easy, they'll do it and you won't have to. Arlene...See More- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDESThe Hidden Problems in Old Houses
Before snatching up an old home, get to know what you’re in for by understanding the potential horrors that lurk below the surface
Full Story
BATHROOM MAKEOVERS21st-Century Amenities for an Old-Time Show House Bath
Updated but appropriate features help an old-fashioned bath in the 2014 DC Design House align with modern tastes
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Century-Old Home Gets a Scandinavian Update
A hundred-year-old home of a family in New York is lovingly reworked with fresh colors and modern furniture
Full Story
SALVAGEReinvent It: Make a Cheery Planter From an Old Eyesore
Don't ignore that yucky old grill growing rust in your yard — turn it into a lighthearted planter that's a joy to see
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: From Old Stable to Minimalist Guesthouse in England
Its interior bays once held racehorses, but now this all-white and wood home holds fascination as a modern part-time home
Full Story
FURNITURE12 Ways to Use a Good Old Armoire
Add a Hutch for Instant Storage and Style in All Kinds of Places
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNModernize Your Old Kitchen Without Remodeling
Keep the charm but lose the outdated feel, and gain functionality, with these tricks for helping your older kitchen fit modern times
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNNew and Old Mix It Up in a Historic Farmhouse Kitchen
A couple rethink the kitchen in their Pennsylvania farmhouse to restore authenticity while also creating a space for modern living
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSDining Set Makeover: Paint and Tea-Tinted Fabric Make Old Chairs New
Reclaim dated dining chairs for far less than buying new, using spray paint, modern fabric and a handful of tea bags
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Austin Family Breathes New Life Into an Old Bungalow
Homeowners brighten up their 1948 fixer-upper with new floors, marble countertops and so much more
Full StoryMore Discussions
lindac